Code of Conduct
Students at LHTC are governed by the M-DCPS Adult Code of Student Conduct. The following will be considered grounds for dismissal of students:
- Refusing to comply with the school’s identification (ID) badge policy. A valid LHTC identification badge (ID) must be worn visibly at all times by all students. There is an automatic suspension for not wearing a school ID.
- Profane or indecent language and/or behavior.
- Defacing or destruction of public property.
- Being on school premises under the influence of alcohol and/or other mood modifiers.
- Improper conduct resulting in a disturbance anywhere on the school premises.
- Tampering with fire equipment, safety, and evacuation signs, or setting off a fire alarm.
- Possession of firearms, knives, explosives or incendiary materials.
- Having radios, musical instruments or other music-producing devices on campus.
- Keeping phones and/or pagers on in classrooms. They must be off or in vibrate mode while attending class.