Program Costs Tuition/Fees
Tuition and special fees are collected at the time of registration for classes. All fees are collected each trimester. Cash or credit cards are acceptable forms of payment. Florida residents who enroll in adult general education classes, such as English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Adult Basic Education and GED (in preparation for getting a high school diploma) or for remediation of basic skills for career/ technical training) are charged tuition fees. The State of Florida determines the range per contact hour and The School Board of Miami-Dade County set the actual amount, subject to change annually. The amount of tuition varies according to student contact hours. Rates per contact hour for the 2016-2017 school years are as follows.
Adult General Education – AGE (Resident and Non-Resident)
- There is a $30.00 tuition charge for all Adult General Education classes to include Adult High School Competition, ABE, GED, ESOL. There is a $5.00 student’s identification fee per trimester.
Resident Career Technical Certificate
- See your counselor for costs pertaining to individual career technical (CTE) classes/programs (total number of hours in the program $2.56 per hour + materials)
Non-Resident Career Technical Certificate
- See your counselor for costs pertaining to individual career technical (CTE) classes/programs (total number of hours in the program $10.25 per hour + materials)
- There is a one-time $15.00 application fee for career and technical programs.
- There is also a $15.00 material fee for all career and technical education classes.
- There is a $5.00 student identification fee per trimester.
- Students must purchase books/kits and/or uniforms, if applicable.
When student fees are paid by credit card, the name and address of the registering student must match the credit card information.
Other fees/costs such as materials, laboratory, textbooks, tools and uniforms vary according to the program.
**All student fees paid by credit card must match the registering student’s name and address for processing.