Services For Students with Disabilities
A comprehensive program has been designed for students with disabilities for the purpose of integrating them into the Lindsey Hopkins Technical College community. Additional assistance is provided by community-based agencies such as Vocational Rehabilitation, The Division of Blind Services, and The Veterans’ Administration. All guidance counselors are trained in accessing resources and services for students with disabilities.
The following are among the services offered to students with special needs in order to ensure that they have an equal opportunity to pursue a quality education:
- Testing accommodations
- Registration assistance
- Referrals to community agencies
- Adaptive aids and equipment
- Membership in Learning Ally (Recorded Books)
- Interpreters for hearing-impaired students
- Note takers for students with visual impairments
- For additional information, please consult with a counselor in the Student Services Office.