Early Childhood Education (45 hours)
PROGRAM CONTENT: The content includes but is not limited to organizational leadership, financial management, legal obligations and responsibilities, educational programming, marketing strategies, assessment, monitoring practices, observations, referrals and collaboration of programs with families and community resources.
LENGTH OF PROGRAM: The entire program requires 45 hours to complete. over the course of the program, students will earn an
Occupational Completion Point (OCP) certificate upon completing each of the following levels:
HOURS: OCP A Child Care Center Director 45
Florida Director Credential Core Requirements:
- Possess a High School diploma or GED
- Complete the Department of Children and Families Part I Introductory Child Care Courses (5 courses, 30 hours)
- Complete the DCF Special Needs Appropriate Practices course or a minimum of 8 hours of in-service training on children with disabilities
- Possess an active Staff Credential
In addition, the Director Credential, Level I requires:
- Completion of one DCF approved course in the curriculum content area Overview of Child Care Management (this course meets that requirement).
Note: This program is approved by the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) as meeting the course requirement for child care center directors, 65C-22.003. Students who complete the program, and meet additional requirements, are eligible for the Florida Child Care Director Credential. Additional information regarding the Director Credential can be found at http://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/child-care/director-credential.